About Me

My photo
My name is Jordan King. I am a student at New Start High School and I am on this site for my photography class.
"You fail when you fall, You dont fail when you get back up and try agian."

Friday, October 1, 2010

"Stop spinning in your chair!" The first class

I walked in to class about five minutes early and I was the first one there. Zorn, my teacher told me to pick a computer and to pick carefully because that would be my computer the whole quarter. I spotted one in the corner and it just looked so cozy and I settled right in.
Slowly kids started coming in, mostly a few minutes late.
I noticed Zorn wasn't too happy about that. Zorn gave us all along lecture about how we most always complete the assignments fully, we must always be here and he can’t stand quitters.
I can tell Zorn is a 'pusher.' I'm fine with that, I love challenges.
So after a long talk about how if we are going to quit the class halfway through we might as well leave now, he handed us these blue folders that were filled with all the assignments we are going to do and everything we are going to learn.
Then we went over the policy of how we can’t have smoking, drugs and alcohol in our images. I had heard it all before so I was just sitting there spinning in my chair and I was off in la la land so I didn't realize that it was making a squeaky noise, out of nowhere I hear Zorn say "Stop spinning in your chair!"
Yes sir.
All a sudden it was like Zorn just realized that I was there.
"Class! Jordan has taken classes here before and she does amazing work! I strongly recommend that you take a look at her work and artist statement, it is fantastic!"
I have never blushed so hard.
Finally my cheeks went back to there normal color and Zorn handed us our cameras.
He explained to us how to work our lighting, aperture and self-timer and everything.
The time switched over from 6:29 to 6:30 and he gave us a assignment to take 20 photos of objects around our house at many different angles.
That was the end of the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment