About Me

My photo
My name is Jordan King. I am a student at New Start High School and I am on this site for my photography class.
"You fail when you fall, You dont fail when you get back up and try agian."

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Class Seven 10/18/10

         Last class we were told bring back photos based off of Royalty/Poverty so I brought in some good shots. That weekend I stayed the night at my friends house and made her be my model, quite literally. We set up a photo set by tacking a white sheet to the wall and used her zebra blanket for the floor, then we made a sign that said "Poverty Princess" on some white poster paper and set in the corner.


        After we made the set  I had her dress up in a nice dress but a shabby jacket to clash together poverty and royalty and then I made the lighting interesting by turning on some black lights and changing her other bulbs red. It worked out great and I was really proud of the photos. I showed Zorn in class that day and he said that they were great.

      I started working on one of the photos and changed the color to black and white because I felt that it suited the photo better. It did. It brought out a lot more detail in the photo and made the textures pop. Then I started messing around with the cloning tool and learned how to use it better so that I could get some of the stains of the sheet that we used as a backdrop.

I haven't gotten around to printing that photo yet, because I wasn't satisfied with it. But I know when I'm done with it, it will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment